Erna Basson | A World Class Speaking Act
Spoken to 25 000 audience members
Spoken in 4 different countries
Spoken in more than 12 cities
Favourite Topics Include
Starting Your First Company
Building a strong personal brand
Setting your company up to sell
Juggling motherhood and entrepreneurship
Selling without selling
Creating a great first impression
Using media to your advantage
How to build lasting client relationships
1. Give us a brief background of what you do and how you started your speaking career?
I have been starting, growing & selling businesses for more than 10 years and my speaking career started in Cape Town, South Africa when I was asked to speak at the Leadership Summit on success. At this point I didn't have any speaking training, but I just thought it was time to step up and step out of my comfort zone and do what I love - Inspire & help people build better companies.
2. What can people expect with your stage performance?
When people come to the event that I am speaking at, the can expect a value driven powerful delivery which will have major immediate impact on their businesses if they implement the strategy and advice I have given them.
3. What are the key factors that got you to where you are today?
Never giving up. The biggest thing for me, is to never give up, never accept a no and also just push through the boundaries and create my own limits. We are all in charge of our own lives (to an extend ofcourse), it is up to you to make a massive success from it.
4. What is the key thing you want people to know about you?
I want people to know that I am very approachable, even though I have a very strong personality on stage and that I am super focused to delivering a powerful breakthrough delivery, I absolutely love when people come up and talk to me and ask me questions about their business. For me it is all about helping people and giving them the most value as I possibly can.
5. What has been some of your greatest successes / achievements?
- Recipient of the global female entrepreneur award for 2017
- Named South Africa's top entrepreneur under 30 by Fast Company magazine for 2017
- I have experienced one of my biggest years in 2017. Some of my achievements include:
- nominated for Africa’s most influential woman in business award. The award ceremony will be on the 3rd of August.
- First South African woman to be featured on the cover of Global woman magazine
- Established a partnership with Ndaba Mandela
- Opening speaker at a leadership conference in Cape Town
- MC’d one of the biggest events in Jhb – Tycoons of Wealth
- I will be a mentor for the Nelson Mandela 100 entrepreneurial program starting in 2018
6. What has the impact of marketing & branding been on your speaking career?
Getting the right branding & marketing for your business is crucial. I saw a 200% increase in my bottomline just by doing smarter advertising. I am a strong believer in social media advertising and that is where 80% of my marketing budget gets spend on.
7. Why should people go to an event where you are speaking at?
If people are wanting new perspective, someone that they can relate and feel stuck in the situation what they are in now, I believe that I can help them push through that barier and achieve success.
8. What 3 core advice principals will you give women that is wanting to start a career in speaking?
- Know what you want to talk about
- Get speaking coaching
- Put yourself out there