What not to say on social media
People are spending more and more time on social media, and with some people just by looking at their social media pages you know exactly what is going on in their lives, when they are happy, when they are sad, when they are mad at someone and the list goes on
You as an entrepreneur and business owner should be very careful what you post on social media, and every post you do on social media should be strategic.
Remember your social media page should be used on how you want people to perceive you. Before posting something on social media, ask yourself this - “will this post add value to the person reading this”. If the answer is no, then do not post it, simple as that
HERE IS MY LIST OF WHAT NOT TO DO AND POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- You don't wash your dirty laundry on social media - meaning do not post something bad about someone or go on a rant.
- Dont talk about politics - period.
- If you are not a fitness athlete or a chef or a food critic - do not post photos of your food on social media.
- Social media is not a boxing ring - you do not engage on a keyboard war with someone else, don’t even try to take it privately on messenger as that person can easily screenshot your entire conversation and post it directly on social media
- Friend requesting for business - this is the one thing I hate the most , is people inviting me on social media and after accepting I get this extremely long message on why I should buy their products, that is an immediate unfriend and block action from my side.
Here is what I do every night before going to sleep. I will take 10minutes to go through my social media account (Instagram and Facebook) and ensure my recent posts are free from any negative comments and that my personal brand page is reflecting what I want people to see me as! On my social media pages, you will only find posts about success, motivation and what is happening in my businesses, that’s it!