Lorraine Maguire | Rapid Transformational Therapist
Helping People Improve Self-Esteem, Self-Confidence & Self-Love
Name: Lorraine Maguire
Country: New Zeaaland
Industry: Mental Health, Therapy
Business Name: Lorraine Maguire – Rapid Transformational Therapist
Favorite Quote to live by:
“A boxer doesn’t lose the fight because she gets knocked down. She only loses when she doesn't get back up”
Lorraine is from beautiful New Zealand where she helps people from all over the world in improving their self-esteem, self-worth, self-confidence & self-love. Read her incredible story and be inspired
1. Please give us a bit of background on who you are and what you do?
My name is Lorraine Maguire and I am a qualified Rapid Transformational Therapist and Certified Hypnotherapist and I have been seeing clients since July 2017 and then in March 2018 I left my corporate job to pursue this fulltime. I help clients with many issues but I specialise in helping people stop over-eating and drop excess weight, reduce anxiety/panic attacks and depression, let go of fears and bad habits like smoking and drinking and improve self-esteem, self-worth, confidence and lovability. I help clients find their limiting beliefs and face similar issues to that which I have overcome. I release people from their inner blocks and help them activate the power and strength that is inside them and always has been.
I began my personal development and self-empowerment journey in 2001, at the age of 24, when I gave up alcohol and mind-altering drugs due to their negative effects in my life. My journey has taken me to many places including support groups, mindfulness courses, meditation retreats, women’s retreats and psychotherapy. But nothing has freed me of old limiting beliefs like Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT). For example, with RTT I have let go of panic attacks and reduced anxiety, stopped all medication, increased my confidence and stopped over-eating, started exercising and have dropped over 20kg and it has stayed off. I now regularly exercise and do ocean swimming and swim between 2.5-3km every week in the pool and ocean. I have a loving relationship after being single for 11 years. I feel better, look better, live better!
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) is a therapy based on neuroscience, designed by Marisa Peer, that offers fast, effective results by combining the most beneficial principles of Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Sessions deliver extraordinary, permanent change from physical, emotional and psychological pain by reframing core beliefs, values, habits and emotions that are deep in the subconscious. By rapidly rewiring the neural pathways of the brain, RTT replaces out-dated belief systems and negative patterns of behaviour. New life-affirming beliefs are formed and the healing process begins.
RTT offers unparalleled results. It works rapidly to get to the root cause and reason for a client’s issue. Sessions can achieve powerful results for a range of issues and it can be applied to both children and adults. I hold sessions face to face in my home in Henderson, Auckland or online – it works just as well both ways. I have clients in USA, UK, Australia and all around NZ.
2. What are three business & life lessons you have learned throughout your journey?
1) One of my biggest lessons is learning that feelings must be expressed. All my life I have suppressed and repressed my feelings with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, food, books, tv and other addictions and distractions. But feelings are like children “mummy, mummy, mummy” getting louder and louder until they get heard. You must pay attention to your feelings just like you must pay attention to children. If you don’t they will find another way to express themselves – that can be physical ailments, bad habits, addictions or emotional issues like anxiety and depression. Feelings are important and can motivate us to take action, help us survive, thrive and avoid danger, help us make decisions, allow other people to understand us and allow us to understand others. They are a crucial part of who we are and our authentic selves. I get many clients who have experienced Childhood Emotional Neglect where they got the message that their feelings didn't matter or were a burden and so they, like me, have suppressed and repressed them. I help clients to get in touch with how they really feel and be true to themselves.
2) The mind doesn’t care what you tell it. It doesn’t care if what you tell it is true, false, good, bad, right, wrong, healthy, unhealthy, negative or positive. It is like a computer and just accepts the data you enter and then acts off it. So just like a computer; bad data in, bad data out. If I tell my mind that I am fat then it will act accordingly and help me to be fat. I will overeat, not exercise and not look after myself. But if I tell my mind I am slim, fit and healthy (consistently enough) then it will feed that back to me and I will become that by taking action to eat healthier, exercise and do the things that make me feel good. Feed your mind positive healthy words and images and your life will get better but you need to do it consistently.
3) Choice and how important it is. Your mind likes choice. If I want to exercise more I need to tell my mind “I am choosing to swim and choosing to feel great about it, I want to swim, I love swimming”. And then your mind is like “oh ok then, you want to do this, I’ll help you and empower you and motivate you”. If you want to grow your business and you need to take some actions that you really don’t want to do you must tell your mind the opposite otherwise it will take you away from those actions and you will procrastinate and not progress. For example if you have to create a website and you are saying things like “oh this is too hard, I don’t know what I’m doing, it scares me or frustrates me having to do this” then your mind will take you away from doing the website and you’ll find yourself watching tv, doing the housework or cleaning the car or anything else. You need to tell your mind “I want to work on my website, I’m choosing to work on my website, I am choosing to feel great working on my website, I really want to do this, I love working on my website” even when it isn’t true and then your mind will provide the motivation you need as it will always do what it thinks is in your best interest and you have told it by using choice.
3. When & how did your big shift take place?
In February 2017 I turned 40 and running up to this milestone it really didn’t bother me at all, or that’s what I thought. So I turned 40 and then it was like the bottom fell out of everything – I was back overeating after a period of being sugar free and getting slim, I was up to around 90kg again, I was eating 3-4 ice-creams a day, I was miserable in my very stressful job where I worked long hours, I was single, I had no children, I lived alone and was very lonely and basically I hated my life.
In April 2017 after months of feeling the above and realising how unhappy I was with my life I reached out for help and told a few friends about how I was feeling. Until then I was very good at acting like everything was ok. I was a workaholic so my excuse always was “I’m too busy”. I was tired because I was too busy, I couldn’t see you because I was too busy, I couldn’t come to the event because I was too busy. Two of these friends referred me to Marisa Peer’s video on The Biggest Disease Affecting Humanity: “I’m Not Enough" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3NyUMLh7Y&t=47s
I started to watch it one day and didn’t get very far and then on April 7 I had a particularly bad day and ate 3 ice-creams and a whole box of scorched almonds when I got home from work. I went to bed feeling very sick and very sorry for myself. I couldn’t lie on my back because my stomach hurt, I couldn't lie on my stomach because my stomach hurt so I was literally lying on my side in the foetal position holding my sore stomach feeling very sad indeed. At 3:30am I was woken by my cat crying and I had to get up to see what was wrong and then I lay in bed for an hour with my head racing about how miserable my life was and how I didn't want to live like this anymore. So by 4:30am I decided to watch something online to distract my mind. I turned on YouTube and there was Marisa’s video so I thought “what the hell” and started watching it.
WOW! It so resonated with me that by 5:00am I was in my lounge binge watching her videos and making a vision board for what I wanted in my life. As I cut out words and images form magazines and stuck them on cardboard I watched as many videos of hers that I could find. It all made so much sense to me and I realised that all my life I had never felt enough. I had always felt that I wasn’t good enough, slim enough, pretty enough, nice enough, fill in the blank enough! It was a revelation! And the exercises she does in some of her videos to show you how the mind works blew my mind. How could I have gone 40 years and done so much personal development and not known how powerful my mind really was. I literally consciously ate my last ice-cream around 5:30am and haven't had one since.
I started to take on board all the things she spoke about in her videos and it started to change my life – my eating changed, I started to exercise using choice, I wrote I AM ENOUGH on all my mirrors and printed off nice images with it on and put them all over the house. I started to say it to myself every day and I noticed a difference. My life started to change. So much so that one day I followed a video lead and ended up on a webinar with Marisa learning that I could train to do what she does and help others and I just knew that it was what I was meant to do. By June 2017 I was in London training to become an RTT Therapist and I started seeing clients as early as July 2017. It has literally changed my life.
4. How do you differentiate yourself from your competitors? What makes you unique?
What makes me different from other therapists is my own personal experience with the issues I can help them with. In my life I have personally experienced all these issues and have helped many others overcome them too:
*Lack confidence & have low self-esteem
*Have relationship/love issues
*Not feel good enough
*Live with fear
*Have addictive behaviours – drinking, eating or smoking
*Struggle with weight
*Suffer with anxiety or depression
*Have goals but can’t seem to take the action to meet them
*Feel stuck or trapped
I am unique in the fact that I haven’t just had one of these issues I have had them all. I have overcome alcoholism, drugs, smoking, overeating, panic attacks & anxiety, fears & phobias, low self-esteem & lack of confidence and I was single for 11 years.
Many other therapists haven't experienced as much as I have so I can bring my unique experience to the formal therapy process in which I have been trained. I am not just working from a book or training when I am working with a client. I use all my experiences to help if it seems appropriate. I share myself, my journey & experiences with my clients so they can be free of the beliefs that are blocking them and creating habits and behaviours they don’t want in their lives.
GET IN TOUCH WITH LORRAINE MAGUIRE: